As a jewellery and accessories lover, I can't find any reason not to wear them. However, just in case you still aren't sold on the benefits of wearing jewellery and accessories, I've created a short list of my top 5 reasons it's always a good choice.
- Highlights certain features - Wearing jewellery and accessories can bring attention to certain body parts such as your neck, face, hands. For example, if you want to highlight your face more than your chest, wear smaller necklace pieces and larger earrings. Or vice versa, if you want to highlight your chest wear larger statement necklace pieces and smaller earrings.
- Showcases your personality - Whether you wear statement pieces or small pieces, your jewellery can tell a lot about you on the first impression. Many times the jewellery you wear gives people you meet or encounter a brief summary of your typical fashion style and the first impression of your personality. For example, someone who wears bright bold colours often is seen as having a bright and colourful personality, while someone who wears smaller pieces is often seen as having a minimalist personality. So make sure your jewellery matches your true personality.
- Adds a pop of colour - Even if you often wear solid colours in your staple looks, you can create more interest by using pops of colour with jewellery and accessories. For example, if your wardrobe consists of a lot of all black ensembles, wear brighter jewel tone pieces or even just a contrast colour such as red. By adding a pop of colour it not only helps you when thinking what pieces to wear when getting dressed, but it also will brighten your normally dark looks.
- Upgrades any grocery store run style - Have you ever gone running a few errands and then run into any and everyone you would have rather avoided in your comfy stay at home clothes? I believe it has happened to all of us, we've left the house with no intention of really caring how we look because we're just running somewhere really quick. However, there is an easy fix to looking like we just rolled out of bed and the fix is accessories. Sometimes just adding some simple earrings, a basic necklace, and cute flats or sneakers can upgrade your look from a just-rolled-out-the bed look to comfy-casual-chic.
- Earrings will always fit - This might not exactly be a benefit of wearing jewellery, but just a benefit of earrings in general. Your earrings will never let you down when it comes to sizing, for the most part, all other jewellery, such as rings, necklaces, and bracelets can become too tight or too loose depending on if you gain or lose weight in certain areas of your body. So, if nothing else always invest in earrings.